Urethane and Cast Molding Capabilities
What is Cast Urethane?
Urethane molding offers a cost-effective alternative when you need multiple prototypes that provide production material performance or low volumes of production parts. Urethane molding can often bridge the gap between rapid prototyping techniques like SLA and hard tooling for injection molding because of its relatively low cost and fast turnaround times, oftenÂ just one or two weeks.
We understand that you need a partner to offer their expertise for your critical projects.Â Our cast urethane department can handle projects and parts that range in quantities, part size, and quality standards.
Our project managers and engineering team help in the selection of the appropriate process and material for your specific application.Â We conduct free part design reviews during the quoting stage to ensure that the part design will fit the cast urethane process.Â Our design review will help alleviate any problems before they occur.
Cast Urethane Tooling
Tooling for urethane molding is substantially less expensive than the aluminum or steel tooling used for injection molding, yet urethane components are well-suited for practical, real-world applications because they offer production-quality performance and wear properties. Tooling for urethane parts are typically made from silicone, which is much more inexpensive than aluminum or steel, which is used in injection mold tooling.
How We Create a Urethane Molded Component
- Create an SLA master pattern
- Finish the SLA master and establish a parting line
- Pour silicone around the SLA master and core(s) to create the mold cavity
- Remove the pattern and cast the urethane resin
- De-mold the part
- Repeat the casting process to create the desired number of parts
We offer a variety of urethane materials that offer the performance and appearance your project requires.Â Having an extensive line of materials and finishes will help give you parts that can be used in a wide range of applications.
Available Materials & Finishes Urethane Molding:
- Hardness levels (durometers) ranging from 20A to 90D
- Custom dyed and colored materials
- Choice of painted, textured and clear finishes
- MR, UL, FDA and clear materials
- EMI & RFI Shielding
- Design review
- Alpha & Beta builds
- Fit & function tests
- Show models
- Large volume prototypes
- Low volume production
- Overmold parts
- Consumer Goods
- Medical Devices/Equipment
- Industrial Manufacturing Equipment